The Longfox High Dependency Unit (HDU) forms part of the Mental Health Ward at Weston-Super-Mare District General Hospital.
The High Dependency Unit was extended to provide additional Male and Female accommodation in accordance with the latest Building Regulations.
The existing mechanical and electrical services within the existing High Dependency Unit were isolated and removed. As part of the extension works, new mechanical and electrical services were installed to suit the accommodation. The extension was constructed on behalf of Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust.
All new in-room mechanical and electrical services installed were selected to be anti-ligature compliant in line with current NHS legislation.
Expertise provided by BJP:
- Diversions – Disconnection of Gas and Water Services
- Mechanical Supply and Extract Ventilation
- Domestic Water Services
- Automatic Controls
- Electrical Power
- Internal and External Lighting
- Staff Attack and Call Systems
- Security Systems
- Remote Mechanical and Electrical Services Isolation Facility
- Lightning Protection System